Help I'm broken my dock

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
While trying to install this flawed new apple keyboard on my Previous generation C2D 20" imac my dock has broken.

The dashboard icon is messed up, I can't right click anywhere on it. I can add icons to it but cannot remove them, when I try to drag an icon off the dock it pauses and then appears to re-launch.

I've deleted the pref files, tried re-installing the combined 10.4 update but still no luck.

Any help please?

Attachments

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Repair permissions? What kind of install was needed for the keyboard? Not sure why that would effect the Dock, though your dock definitely is broken.

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
While trying to install this flawed new apple keyboard on my Previous generation C2D 20" imac my dock has broken.

The dashboard icon is messed up, I can't right click anywhere on it. I can add icons to it but cannot remove them, when I try to drag an icon off the dock it pauses and then appears to re-launch.

I've deleted the pref files, tried re-installing the combined 10.4 update but still no luck.

Any help please?
You generally don't have to do this with Macs, but since it only would take a half hour to re-install the OS, and since that would certainly fix it, I would go with that. It looks to me like you deleted something you shouldn't have. If the upgrade pack didn't re-install the missing component, then an OS re-install will. ;)