HELP!!! Im going crazy!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bunnybabe21, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Bunnybabe21 macrumors newbie

:confused: My Itunes wont let me convert my songs (20-30 seconds) to AAC!! Its driving me nutsss!! Please help me!

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. Bunnybabe21 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Bunnybabe21 thread starter macrumors newbie

and i tryed getting ringtones from 3rd party sites too and adding them to my ringtones folder and they dont show up on my phone after I sync! :mad: I been messing with this thing for 5 hours!

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

6. Bunnybabe21 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Bunnybabe21 thread starter macrumors newbie

bomb! so i did everything that said and made the m4r files and put them in my ringtones folder in itunes... but now the ringtones arnt showing up on my phone under ringtones?? :rolleyes: just my luck! Any Ideas?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can't drag them to the ring tones folder. Try opening the ring tone in iTunes and that should add it to the library.

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Why in the F^&K does Apple make things so hard to do. With my Blackberry I could email a ringtone and use it with in seconds. Itunes sucks!:mad:

10. climber20 macrumors member

For the ringtone issue:

The way I got around this was to open Garage Band and drag and drop the mp3 file onto your new project. Then choose "export as ringtone to itunes" in the menu above. It'll display some kind of notification that you have to choose an appropriate length loop- click on the button to agree. There'll be a yellow slider above the mp3 track now- just click and drag to the appropriate length you want your ringtone to be. Then "export as ringtone to itunes" again, and it'll automatically send the file in the appropriate format to itunes.