Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
so i'm officially going nuts. i have two safari windows open on my powerbook g4 1.5 ghz, osx10.4.4. both windows are on macrumors. whenever i klick on the first window my mac shout loudly "hello, hello, hello"!:eek:

what is going on? i have to just select the window and it goes "hello".:eek: nothing happens on the other window.:eek:

should i call an ambulance and have them put me in a nutbarn???:eek:

edit: even moving the mouse pointer over any website button results in a "hello, hello, hello". i'm dead seriuos.

edit2: strange, after going to a different website and going back to macrumors the "hello" is no more. well, so it starts. i'm crazy.......

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I was at an Apple store yesterday, and no matter what I clicked on, the computer would speak to me. I couldn't turn it off! I think it was possessed. :eek:

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
Qoxiivi said:
You get this sort of thing a lot with 'Hi' tech computers.

Sorry.

well, at least i know now that my G4 is still 'Hi' tech;)

it isn't happening anymore. it is just strange. imagine you could create a website that makes your computer say hello (or any other word thats in the system) as soon as you mouse moves over a button. imagine the possibilities.....:D

it's the freakiest thing that my PB did so far. at least it didn't happen during a presentation.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Weren't people on here complaining about a banner ad that was screaming "hello?" That's probably what it was. When you came back to the page, a different ad loaded. arn usually blocks those when somebody complains about it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
andiwm2003 said:
well, at least i know now that my G4 is still 'Hi' tech;)

it isn't happening anymore. it is just strange. imagine you could create a website that makes your computer say hello (or any other word thats in the system) as soon as you mouse moves over a button. imagine the possibilities.....:D

it's the freakiest thing that my PB did so far. at least it didn't happen during a presentation.

hahaha this whole thread has had me laughing!

"at least it didn't happen during a presentation."!!!! I can imagine that now! haha!

man this is the best thread ever just for your attitude and reactions! I wish my mac went a little loopy for a bit.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
andiwm2003 said:
you can. it's horribly annoying. see http://www.familyguy.com for an example.
edit: it's done in flash, i guess i should clarify.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
ok' thanks. so i'm not going nuts. now i have to call my boss and tell her to ignore my letter of resignation and all the nasty stuff i wrote about her and how crap my job is......:eek:

the weird thing still is that i got the "hello" when i would click on the bookmarks bar which is of course outside the webpage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.