Help! I'm having problems installing Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Orsina, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Orsina macrumors newbie

Okay so I've called Apple for help 3 times now and each time they helped me create a new problem with my installation.

So now I turn to you for help MacRumors community!

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my 27" i5 (late 2009) and at first my disk wouldn't partition. Called Apple and we fixed that problem then I tried to install Windows and the screen went black.

I called Apple again and I went ahead and followed their instructions on the matter. I put the files they said to on a USB stick and started into the Windows installer. But after about two screens, it says, "Windows could not display the images available for installation." Then my computer restarts.

The installer works fine without the USB card in (except the screen going black part). Is there any way to manually install the display drivers I need through the Repair option? Which drivers are they?

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Help! T.T

Thanks!

Orsina <3

2. Orsina thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Those are the steps Apple had me take when I was on the phone. When the USB stick is plugged in however it cant find the disk image, when it's not plugged in Windows 7 installer runs normally until the black screen part.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well.. All I can suggest is to double check the USB drive, as per the following instruction:

"If the screen remains black after several minutes, power it off (hold the power button for several seconds), then go back to step 4. Ensure that your USB device or SD card is formatted as Master Boot Record, FAT, and that AutoUnattend.xml and Drivers are on the root level of the directory."

I know this should work, i did it on my 2009 iMac.

4. Orsina thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done all that. I don't know why it's not working. Thats why Im asking if I can install the drivers after the install through the repair thingy. If i use the USB stick as intended my mac cant even find the drive to install windows on.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc