Help, I'm Having Problems With My Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mcintoshmc, Jan 25, 2009.

1. mcintoshmc macrumors newbie

ok here's the problem:

I had 2 mac's and 2 pc's connected to a linksys wrt54gs router and everything worked fine.

I purchased the the 1TB timecapsule and noticed that my internet slowed up to almost unusable. I read the threads and changed my channel from automatic to 11 or 6 and shortened the name of the TC, and that helped a lot, but my internet is still not as fast as it used to be. I often have to hit the link a second time just to get it to go through.

After some more reading of many forums, I re-connected my linksys router and connected the TC to the router, and changed the the TC to bridged mode and wireless N only at 5ghz.

That left me with 2 networks now. (linksys and TC). The internet was very fast again like it was before I purchased the TC. In order for my mac's to backup to time capsule I had to have it on the TC network, and had to have my PC's on the linksys network because they have wirless G cards and everything was fine.

Except for that I couldn't print from my pc's because the printer was connected to the TC.

I contacted apple care and they said that a reason why my TC was slowed down in the first place was because I had 12 other wifi networks within my range and that was too much interference and the reason why I didn't have any noticeable interference on the linksys router was because it was a speed booster and put out more power than the rest.

The end result was that I should to put wireless N cards into my pc's so I can have the TC at wireless N only at 5ghz and that will speed up my network and can lose the linksys router.

My question is, if I do that then I wouldn't be able to use my iphone and itouch for internet access. What should I do? does everything I have done already sound right?

For now, I have removed the linksys router again, but am now thinking that I didn't test the internet connectivity with the TC set to "b and g" connected through the linksys router. If that worked, then I would be able to connect my iphone and don't have to worry about buying new N cards.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im not sure but have you tried using 'Interference Robustness' It can be found in the Time Capsule Menu.

3. mcintoshmc thread starter macrumors newbie

That didn't do anything either