Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bien paolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
hi!!! i think im curious about something... I purchased a macbook air last saturday and it had a 128gb storage.. so i updated all the pending apps on the appstore and i downloaded a media player and a flash player... basically i have not saved any music or video files yet... so earlier this day i decided yo checj on my storage space and i was surprised to see that i have around 1 gb of audio and 783. mb of movies used... i also have around 31 gb of apps used..my question is why do i have those 1 gb and 783 mb of storage used when i dont even have any music file or movies on my laptop??? is it part of the app that i downloaded???? thanks!!!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yes... that is normal to show readings for audio and movies even if you have added none of your own. That readout includes audio and video files that are part of the OS and apps.

For example, it you look in the Trackpad setting there are little animations that show what the Trackpad settings do... this are videos that are included in the OS and part of that total.

bien paolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
Yes... that is normal to show readings for audio and movies even if you have added none of your own. That readout includes audio and video files that are part of the OS and apps.

For example, it you look in the Trackpad setting there are little animations that show what the Trackpad settings do... this are videos that are included in the OS and part of that total.

hi! thank you so much :) this is my very first apple product that's why im very idnorant lol and im having a bit of a hard time adjusting from windows to mac.... but so far im really enjoying my mac.... thanks again so much:)))

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
hi! thank you so much :) this is my very first apple product that's why im very idnorant lol and im having a bit of a hard time adjusting from windows to mac.... but so far im really enjoying my mac.... thanks again so much:)))

You are quite welcome. :)

Apple has some videos and such at this page that might help you adjust to the change from Windows to mac.

http://www.apple.com/support/macbasics/pctomac/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.