Help!! Im new and dont know what Im doing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NewbieNewbie, Apr 3, 2010.

1. NewbieNewbie macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have just invested in my very first iphone....yipeee!!

2 questions:

1 - How do I get my contacts from my Sony Ericsson onto my iphone without manually entering them all?

2 - If I restore my iphone in itunes, will I lose all my apps off it?

Thanks all :)

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

1 - How do I get my contacts from my Sony Ericsson onto my iphone without manually entering them all?

You put the sim from your SE in the iPhone, go to Settings>Mail, Contacts and Calendars>import Sim contacts.

2 - If I restore my iphone in itunes, will I lose all my apps off it?

IDK what you mean. You obviously don't have apps on your new phone. If you have apps on your computer, they'll be synced to the iPhone.

3. NewbieNewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

Thank you, I so stupid sometimes, didnt think of just swapping the sims lol.............regards the apps, I have downloaded some onto my iphone already! My friend downloaded and app for me which seems to have done strange things to my phone.......was going to restore it in itunes, but didnt want to lose all the other apps.........I hope that makes sense? Im not very good with techy stuff!

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just right click on the iPhone name in iTunes and choose transfer purchases. Then you can restore your phone and pick what apps you want to sync.