Help, I'm trying to update my drivers in Bootcamp!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hchaugen, Oct 23, 2016.

1. hchaugen macrumors newbie

Hi guys! I have an allmost maxed out late 2015 iMac that I run Bootcamp on to play games like Dayz, and other non-available mac games. I never had any problems until last night, when I decided to buy the new Civilization game. The game will crash sometimes, saying my display drivers (?) stopped, and will restart.

I probably tried 10 times to find the new software, and everything looks like it installs perfectly, but in the end it will say it cant find my system. I recon I had to try to install drivers manually, but it won't let me select the file for some reason.

Would anyone of you Geniouses be able help me? I'll pay for my system to be 100% up to date again.

Thanks alot!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Are you using windows update to update the drivers or are you going to the manufacturer site for the drivers??

3. hchaugen thread starter macrumors newbie

I use AMD's site to get the drivers.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. hchaugen thread starter macrumors newbie

6. hchaugen thread starter macrumors newbie

After trying this, it says that I already have the 15.301 driver version. I guess I just have to wait until they can implement the new 16.01 for bootcamp as well.

Funny though, is that the Autodetect utility tool still says they cant see my drivers, even though it detects my gpu..

Appreciate the help sir, thank you!

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yep that's the latest apple certified driver release.

8. mhd2100 macrumors member

mhd2100

Apple and AMD are doing a complete injustice to Bootcamp users who want the best of both worlds by neglecting their ageing AMD drivers. I spend some of my free time modifying the newest drivers to make them bootcamp friendly and making them available for download. Let me know if you are interested.

9. hchaugen thread starter macrumors newbie

Absolutely! I am very interested.

10. mhd2100 macrumors member

mhd2100

Ok well the site is bootcampdrivers.com. Just make sure to follow the provided instructions and you should be good. Get in touch with me if you need help with it.

11. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I just don't understand what AMD's motivation is here.

12. mhd2100 macrumors member

mhd2100

AMD are blaming Apple's demand for tight control over everything for not approving drivers. Yet Apple blame AMD for not actually providing the drivers in the first place. And hence we go round in circles.

13. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I notice the late 2013 Mac Pro drivers, at least the most recent, reads experimental

I'm guessing that's like beta? If so, where can I get the most recent but non experimental set?

14. mhd2100 macrumors member

mhd2100

i labelled it as experimental, though it does use stable code from older drivers. just wanted to get the feedback for it first. but ive had at least one person say it works well on a d700. worth a shot for you too. worst case would be that you have to use DDU again to uninstall it.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016 ---
    basically i will remove the 'experimental' tag once i'm happy with the feedback that i know it works as intended for most people