Help!!! [iMac VESA mount]

Discussion in 'iMac' started by swoosh0217, Dec 17, 2013.

1. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

I just bought a Vesa Wall mount for my iMac. I was able to follow the instructions given up to the point where I have to screw the adapter back into the flange.

My issue is that how do I push the flange back into the screen coz it feels like its in lock position right now with the screws exposed?

Is there a trick to push it back in??? Please help:confused:

[​IMG]

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

C'mon man use a better title than that...

Rather vague but I guess I'd suggest unscrewing and seeing what's causing it to lock, maybe it's a case of how it's positioned as you screw it in?

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: better?

B

4. swoosh0217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

Sorry for the misleading title... I'm afraid that if I unscrew my adapter, the flange will go back in and I know its a pain to get the flange out without the stand or adapter screwed to it based on reading other forums.

I can pull the flange out a little bit more and I could feel a spring tension but it just won't go back in..

5. jaxhunter macrumors regular

jaxhunter

There is a locking mechanism in there designed to keep the mechanism tab sticking out. When you have your VESA mount in place take something like a credit card or shoppers card (grocery store rewards card, ID card) and slide it in the slot above the mechanism tab. With a little work you should get it to release.

You should have had to use the same technique to get the mechanism tab out far enough to attach the mount to it...

Anyway, here's the Apple guide for the VESA mount (it's for the 24" but all those used the same mechanism):
    http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA183/en_US/iMac_24inch_VesaMountAdapter_InstallGuide.pdf

Use the card technique described in the beginning to release the mechanism tab. It doesn't tell you to do that because the Apple VESA mount keeps the tab out.

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The mount should have come with a white card specifically for springing and unspringing the mount point. However, I used one of these kits for some years before removing it. Over time, the position left the mount out enough to stretch the spring and when it was finally removed, the original stand leaves the foot very loose.