Help: iMac wireless range and new time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by monkey2000, Oct 7, 2009.

1. monkey2000 macrumors newbie

I have spent 4 days on this issue and now need the help the incredible mac community.

I have a 2006 Intel iMac (Running 10.6.1)that is not seeing my wireless routers (D-Link 628 and Time Capsule Dual-channel). The D-Link is downstairs. It is not in the best place, but at my only option. My Macbook Pro sees the D-link fine on the same desk as the iMac. I replaced the D-Link with the Time Capsule and the iMac doesn't even see that. If I bring it close (completely underneath the desk) to the iMac it will see both routers. The weird part is before a hard drive crash and replacement it worked fine (I know, I know something is amiss from the replacement). Here are my issues and questions:

- Does anyone know the iMac internals well to describe the internal airport antenna and connections. I am quite technically ept and all looks good, but you never know.

- Can I link my Time Capsule to my D-Link router? The router is connected to my comcast modem. That way I can extend my wireless network.

Unfortunately cabling is not an option.

Thank you for any insights that can be provided.

2. monkey2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any ideas?

I am still having this issue and would appreciate any assistance.