Help! Image Capture Has Hijacked My Imports!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Designer Dale, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Hi. For the longest time I just slipped my CF card into my [RAW]STEEL card reader on a usb port and up came A3 and the Import thing just happened like it's 'sposed to. Then I used my wife's scanner on the same usb bus and scanned some images with Image Capture. Now every time I insert my CF card, Image Capture takes over the import process and I have to quit it, launch A3 and manually import the files in the card. This is even thought the scanner is no longer hooked up to the computer. I've checked the A3 Preferences and it's set to manage imports automatically and Image Capture has no Preferences that I can find. This is tiring to my old mind. It there a young smarty out there to help me on this?

Please?

Dale

2. MCH-1138 macrumors 6502

MCH-1138

Not sure I qualify as a young smarty, but try this:

Plug your CF card in and let Image Capture open. In the bottom-left corner of the Image Capture window, there should be an option for what action to take when the CF card is inserted. Change that option to A3.

3. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

I believe this should work for you. If this is correct.... Im thinking all you have to do is plug the scanner in, and change the option like shown in the screenshot. Then disconnect the scanner, and plug your card reader back in, and it should be good to go. If not manually open Aperture, and set it to open in the preferences.

Edit: the one posted while i was posting sounds easier.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

The next time insert your CF card in and Image Capture opens, In the bottom left of the program you will see an option as to which program you want to use ti open when CF card inserted. Switch it to A3 and close Image Capture. Remove your CF card and then reinsert, A3 should open.

Attached Files:

5. Designer Dale thread starter macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Thank you all.

That import setting thing was hidden by a pop up triangle. All is set the way I want it and works as intended. You all are awesome as usual...

Dale