help in gimp!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by angusslo, Nov 26, 2009.

1. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

hello.
    i have this wallpaper [​IMG]
    and i want to change background color. what to do, i'm used to photo filtre on win and I can't find any tool that could do that.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I believe there should be a wand with light on the top [​IMG]

When you press it, you can select the background. Now the background (white) is selected and you paint it or apply a filter on it.

More information on this page; http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-fuzzy-select.html

3. angusslo thread starter macrumors regular

angusslo

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I don't if you've read the article, but in the part just above the part 2.5.1 activating the tool you can read something about the threshold. In short it says; when there are colours in the picture which are very the same (for example, although these are quite big differences, yellow and orange), and you want to select them both you can adjust the threshold. How bigger or smaller how more the difference between colours can be, or how more it's just only one colour. Just play with it until you get your result.

BTW you could also select the white part, then press shift and then select the white on the edges, now it will select both colours of white.

p.s. I'm speaking of colour, but ofcourse white isn't a colour. Luckily gimp and photoshop don't nag about it.