Help in IMovie please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bownbuck, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bownbuck macrumors newbie

I am trying to send/share my imovie project to idvd but when I click share IDVD after about 10 min it tells me the following

your startup disk is almost full, you need to make more space available on your hard disk. Then it says error project is too large

It is only a 36min christmas concert movie. Why is it telling me this, or what would I delete to make room. New to this and need help. Also is it possible to connect an external BD burner to the mac

I upgraded to snow leopard

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Thanks in advance

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

How much free hard drive space do you have? There needs to be enough space for the exported file from iMovie to iDVD available. Probably a couple GB will be needed.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I had the same problem years ago before I got a new mac. Anyway, in my case, my harddrive just didn't have enough room to store the whole movie while it was being burned so I had to move stuff off of my harddrive to make room. I remember doing two things: one was to simply delete some older disk images I had from making copies of homemade dvds. The other was to hook up an external drive and move years of photos from my harddrive to the external. And yes, you can get an external bd burner but I believe you would then need toast or a different program to burn hd video to it.