Help in Kazakhstan!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KazakhMac, Aug 14, 2011.

1. KazakhMac macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I'm hoping some people much smarter than me can help out.

So I've moved to Kazakhstan to teach and my iphone 3GS, of course, was locked by AT & T.

So, I figured I would just buy another phone over here, but it was $1000 USD. YIKES! So I tried to jailbreak my iphone. I have version 4.3.4 and used this link to help me jailbreak:

http://everythingapplepro.net/?p=371

I did everything the link said and it worked (including having the Cydia app open up after tethering or whatever [sorry I sound so ignorant]).

Anyways, when I put my Kazakh sim card in there, it either shows 1 bar (and cannot make any calls) or sim card invalid.

The carrier still says "AT & T" under my settings. Did I not jailbreak properly? Any help would be appreciated. :)

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

Jailbreaking is not the same as unlocking the baseband to use on other networks. I'm not a 3GS expert but I think you might have a problem here.

http://www.caniunlock.com

3. KazakhMac thread starter macrumors newbie

So I don't know the difference between jailbreak and unlocking -- :eek: at my level of knowledge!

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can do. :)

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yep that's a jailbreak only you still need to unlock. Based on the firmware I would say IPad baseband 6.15 is the only option. You will loose gps and some other risk. Read up on it at Iclarified.com. You should really do sone reading before going to far. Google has tons of info. FYI don't believe sites that unlock fir a fee They are scams.

5. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331