Help in merging PDF files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bruno.mestre, Feb 19, 2009.

1. bruno.mestre macrumors newbie

I wonder if you could help me out doing one thing.

I have two PDF files that I want to merge together. But I want it to merge them the following way: the first page of PDF A will be followed by the first page of PDF B ans so forth.

It is better to given an example. Imagine that you have two PDF files (A and B) each one with three pages (A1,A2,A3 ; B1,B2,B3). I want to merge them together so that I will have a final result like this:

A1-B1-A2-B2-A3-B3.

I know I can do that using Preview in Leopard but I'm using Tiger. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not sure how to do it in Tiger, but you could send them to someone with Leopard and have them do it for you, then send the merged PDF back.

3. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

I've never used it myself, but this thread mentions PdfLab which allows you to split/join PDF documents.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Believe it or not, TextEdit can be used as a PDF merging tool. Drag the PDFs to the TextEdit window, rearrange the pages as you see fit, then File->Print->PDF the result.

5. yoppie macrumors 6502a

6. bruno.mestre thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the answers guys.

Indeed PDFMergeX is teh best tool. There is only one problem: I don't have Leopard and therefore it is impossible for me to use the thumbnail view to rearrage the PDF.

Do you happen to know how to use it using the older version (1.0.2)?

Thanks a lot!