help in regards to spare macbook pro screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattymcrae, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mattymcrae macrumors newbie

hey guys,
    first post!
    so i have my old macbook pro 15 inch that got water damage to a bit of the mother board and the keyboard.
    so I've salvaged hard drive, RAM ect.
    and had the idea of using the screen as another external monitor. is it possible??????????????? because its so thin it would look marvellous on the wall! any input or ideas for what to do with rest of it would be awesome!
    its an 09 macbook pro

cheers
    matt

2. Mattymcrae thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. Mattymcrae thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks heaps for that.
    only thing is that the guy is thinking of JUST the screen itself with no cables.
    so i have the entire screen, cables and all that connect to logic board. so could there be any adapters. i know it would be difficult, but the result could be good.... thin, sexy looking led screen=on a wall, in a table act as an external?

if it is definitely to much of a hassle, does anyone have any ideas on what i could do with the rest of the mac? i was thinking of stripping the whole thing right back to the shell and creating like this tablet that stores documents ect
    something creative?

edit... oh now I'm thinking of power supply, and yeah the hardware.... ohhhhh. probably should of used my brain! anyway any ideas to do with this macbook pro?

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I think you have to do it the way they state in the link. Bottom line? If you have funds to spare go for it, but I wonder just how satisfied you would be with a 15" screen on a wall.

It would shrink in size to the eye. Your call:)