Help! Incase Slider, Seidio Innocase II, or Power Support Silicone Jacket?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vinay427, Nov 15, 2008.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hi. I have looking at different cases for my 5 day old iPhone 3G and posts about them on MacRumors. I have narrowed it down to the Incase Slider, Seidio Innocase, or Power Support Silicone Jacket. I am on a very tight budget and I need a good screen protector also. I don't like the colors of the PS but it comes with PS screen protectors. I have heard a lot of good reviews of the Slider and will get that with a PS screen protector if there is a big difference. It is the most expensive in the group at $34.95 without anything else included. I really a black case so I also found the Innocase. I don't like that it exposes the :apple: logo, though. I like a uniform, simplistic case (think :apple: products). So, does anyone have any advice because I won't be able to buy another case for two years. I will go for the Slider if it is worth the extra money. Thanks in advance!!!

P.S.: If you have any other recommendations I need something really thin but still protective. It also has to come in black, preferably matte. Also, pros and cons would help a lot, if you can do it. Thanks!

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I have the Seidio Innocase II, and the holster, and I can't say enough good things about it. It is slim, sleek, great looking, just plain nice. I walked into a tech store in the DFW airport, and was looking at cases, and the gentleman who worked there said "why look at cases, you already have the best case and holster possible". He had the same case and holster combo for his Palm Treo 800. One caveat though, I'm not sure the level of protection this case would provide, the screen is completely exposed, as it is in most cases. I have the anti glare film on my screen.

3. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I just wanted to throw another vote in for the Seidio Innocase II Combo in case you still haven't made your decision. I love it so far. I was a little skeptical about it being slimmer than the Incase Slider and about it feeling better than the slider but it really is. Also the felt lining on the inside is a great touch it make the iPhone slide in and out so easily and leaves no marks or scratches, unlike the slider. The holster is great, it doesn't protrude or stick into your side.

4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

I vote incase slider for it's sleek look and durability. It looks much better than the above mentioned and you could drop it on the floor and it would be fine.

5. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I disagree. I own both of these cases and the Seidio is thinner if almost feels like there is nothing on it. Also I didn't believe this was true but the rubber actually does feel better on the Seidio than the slider. I feel you less likely to drop with the clip too.

6. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree with Thejuiceman on this one and not just because I love the Seidio... I've been in and out of my local apple store a few times now... everytime I'm in there I scan their case wall.... I must say last time I went in I was really tempted by the gun-metal slider... so I ask one of the mac guys if it was cool if I took it out and tried it on etc... he said ya no problem...

So I threw my phone in the Incase Slider... and I wasn't very impressed.... The finish on the inside wasn't nearly as nice... it added more bulkyness and wasn't as rounded.... plus I really love how you can see the :apple: logo... in my opinion the seidio doesnt really take anything away from the sleekness and beauty of the iPhone... the Incase slider does... like you know there's a case on it...

Finally talking about durability.... I've had my seidio innocase for about a month 1/2 now... and the hting still looks 100% new... I got worried one day because it looked liek I had scratched it... took a microfiber and gave it a quick rub and the scratch went 100% away...

7. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I just picked up the Incase Slider (black matte) for my 3G iPhone and absolutely love it. The thickness on the Incase is 1mm and the Seidio is 0.8mm. A noticeable but not significant difference in my opinion. I don't like the opening for the logo in the back of the Seidio case either.

8. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

it looks horrible

9. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I like the fact that the apple logo is shown. It's so nice, why hide it behind a case? Just cut out a square of screen protector to protect the logo. It makes the phone look more classy IMO. Clearly opinions greatly vary on this.

I've mentioned in another post, but you can use the apple logo as a mirror.:cool:

10. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Ok, well now I FINALLY went for the Switcheasy Colors. I had bought the Incase Protective Cover and the Power Support Anti-Glare Film at my local :apple: store but I didn't like either of them. The Incase was way too grippy and the silent button was VERY hard to access and the PS didn't apply right. Dust got under it overnight. Well, anyway, I just couldn't resist the AMAZING value of the Switcheasy Colors. (I got the Stealth color.)

11. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

Good choice...switcheasy is the bomb...When you get more money..try the capsule neo or rebel...I hear nothing but good things about all of switcheasy cases.

12. Crotalus_Joe macrumors regular

I just got the Seidio Innocase + holster and i couldnt be more happy. They work great together and the Innocase works well in my pocket when i dont want to wear the holster.

The bottom of the Innocase slides off for use with docks, but i picked up the Seidio dock which allows the phone to be docked without removing the bottom portion.