HELP: Incase Slider will NOT come off iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BacklitFirefly, Sep 19, 2012.

1. BacklitFirefly, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

I can't get this thing off my iPhone 4S. It's a black Incase slider case that I just got a couple of months ago. Only the bottom part will slide off and the top is totally stuck.

This http://support.goincase.com/entries...s-to-be-stuck-on-my-iphone-how-do-i-remove-it does not help at all. I don't just happen to have latex gloves lying around the house.

Has anyone gotten one of these off your phone without a jackhammer?

:confused:

Nevermind. After an hour and a half of prying and applying an unreasonable amount of brute force, the awful thing finally came off. I will never buy one of those again. It could have broken my phone.

2. Coldsnow macrumors regular

Yes, I used to own that case but I don't use it anymore. Do you have a screen protector installed on the iPhone? That's probably why its so tight. However, to get the case off you will need to slowly wiggle the phone out. Hold the phone and the case in 2 hands tightly wiggle and seperate, if you need to, use your two fingers to push the case from the edge then try to pull it out. Tell me how it goes! ;)

3. BacklitFirefly thread starter macrumors 6502

No, nothing on it but the slider case. Wow, it was a beast to get off of the phone. And it did cause a little scratch in the upper right corner of the back. Needless to say, I'm a bit cross. :mad:

4. Coldsnow macrumors regular

It will be fine, my iPhone has a ton of scratches! :p Yea, sliders are a hassle especially if they are tight.

I heard good things about the Otterbox Reflex case. I would stick to TPU and silicone cases. Snap on cases also tend to scratch the back or side.