Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Portland, Oregon
So I just got a logitech ultrathin keyboard cover for my iPad, which I love. I used to only use the navy leather smartcover, which I also love.

Using the keyboard cover alone has me missing my smartcover. I liked being able to just triangle it up and have it dangle on the iPad while using it. The keyboard cover doesn't really give me this option, I'm wondering what to do with it while I want to use my iPad standing.

I don't know if I should just take the keyboard cover with me when I know I'm going to use it, or just take it all the time and stop using the smartcover. Does anyone have any suggestions on better ways to use/store the keyboard cover more similarly to a smartcover?

I know this is a highly preferential question, but any advice from owners of both would be great.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
So I just got a logitech ultrathin keyboard cover for my iPad, which I love. I used to only use the navy leather smartcover, which I also love.

Using the keyboard cover alone has me missing my smartcover. I liked being able to just triangle it up and have it dangle on the iPad while using it. The keyboard cover doesn't really give me this option, I'm wondering what to do with it while I want to use my iPad standing.

I don't know if I should just take the keyboard cover with me when I know I'm going to use it, or just take it all the time and stop using the smartcover. Does anyone have any suggestions on better ways to use/store the keyboard cover more similarly to a smartcover?

I know this is a highly preferential question, but any advice from owners of both would be great.

hello! if you look on youtube "logitech ultrathin keyboard cover smart cover" then you will see a video of how i like to use both at the SAME TIME

splatman85

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2012
hello! if you look on youtube "logitech ultrathin keyboard cover smart cover" then you will see a video of how i like to use both at the SAME TIME

Dang, Why did I never think of this...I was hesitating on getting the Keyboard just for some of the reasons that the smart cover helps solve in combination with this...I'm gonna have to get one of these now.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
Dang, Why did I never think of this...I was hesitating on getting the Keyboard just for some of the reasons that the smart cover helps solve in combination with this...I'm gonna have to get one of these now.

if you register a product on the logitech website, you get a 20% off coupon, you can use that towards the purchase of the keyboard, that's what i did!

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
if you register a product on the logitech website, you get a 20% off coupon, you can use that towards the purchase of the keyboard, that's what i did!

I believe Logitech added exclusions to the coupon so it can no longer be used on tablet accessories :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.