HELP installer password isn't working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lindsayanng, Aug 14, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I dont get it. It was like this for a while, but now it wont work AT ALL.

I NEED to install a plugin to listen to my satellite radio from my cpu. I'm having a cookout today and woud really like it/

ocassionally my installer would come up and i would have to type the SAME password in a thousand times before it would recognize it.. Now its not recognizing it AT ALL!! i checked cap locks and num locks.. NOTHING.. is there a way to bypass this?? or get my password.. there is only ONE user on the cpu.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may have a stuck key. Open TextEdit and type your password there, to make sure it displays properly.

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

4. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

nope.. No go. The password types perfectly fine in text edit.

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

did i mention the ONLY law my life runs by is Murphy's Law

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Try an external keyboard. I just had a keyboard replacement on a 2.4 mbp.

My keyboard problem was certain key combinations won't work. For example, lowest case e works, but cannot get E with the left shift key, etc.

If you think it's software, repair permission. Change your admin password to something else and change back.

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I tried changing the passwords, but since i cant get the intial password "right" it wont let me change anything!!

I would THINK if it wasnt reading certian "**** + K" then i wouldnt type that way on here.. correct?

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

tried the external keyboard for our desktop and STILL NOTHING. i dont get it.> I KNOW the password, and i asked my husband and he didnt change a thing.. I JUST put this password in not that long ago when there was the iTunes upgrade

9. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, i'm not too worried about my party now since all of a sudden, there is a HUGE thunderstorm

This really sucks..

10. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i need to bring it in because the superdrive isnt working properly.. do your think an apple authorized repair show and reset this?

11. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

you can try resetting the root or user password through the OSX install disc. The applestore should know how to do it.

12. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, my lovely little planned cookout got rained AND haled on.. annoying.. so i will bring it into the authorized repair shop (dont have an apple store close)

I do have the OS disks, but i think i will just bring it in.. i dont like to mess with my computer too much.

13. Pickoff macrumors member

Well, if it displays everywhere else fine, then it is not a hardware issue; Apple will do the same thing that was just suggested: boot from the Install disc and use Reset Password under Utilities. Someone must have changed it up on you, maybe in the same manner if they are Mac-savvy.