help installing a printer

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
ok i'm finally going to install my printer on my mac mini. i've never installed a printer on a mac before, so i thought i would ask before i messed it up. it's an epson all-in-one printer. stylus cx5400. do i plug it up first, or click on the utility "printer intaller" or whatever first?

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
I'm not sure on your machine how to do it, but I just bought a pb for the first time so we have the same operating system I assume.

As a troubleshooting note...if it does not work the first time you install it, I had to install the Classic 9 OS cd that came with my computer before it would install the drivers from HP. Good luck

RD

tdhurst

macrumors 601
Dec 27, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Hey...

twoodcc said:
i have 10.3.8 (i think). do i have to download drivers? get them from the cd? or what?
Just try pluggin it in first. Macs come with a lot of printer drivers preinstalled. If it doesn't work...THEN troubleshoot.

tdhurst

macrumors 601
Dec 27, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
NOoo..

twoodcc said:
ok, i guess i'll try it. i was just asking advice first. so i should just plug it up and start the printer installer?
No, seriously, just plug it in and press print.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i plugged up the printer and opened printer setup utility, and it found the printer, but said "driver not installed". and i couldn't add the printer. how do i install the driver?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
well i got the printer to work after downloading and installing a driver from epson. really all i needed to know was if i needed to download a driver or not. but thanks anyways. if i have any problems i'll post here, and if there's anything i need to know about printing/scanning/etc on a mac, please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.