Help installing a printer

allboy253

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
so im trying to install a new printer on my moms older Mac mini with Loin and the driver i down loaded and i'm attempting to install from Cannon is "greyed out" and wont open along with all her down loaded files are grey. How do you fix these greyed out files?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
It would help if you provided the model number of the printer and the date of the driver files you are attempting to install. I seem to remember seeing some files greyed out if they were Rosetta (powerpc) executables on newer versions of OSX. I just can't remember if Rosetta stopped working in Lion or later.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 601
Mar 10, 2011
It would help if you provided the model number of the printer and the date of the driver files you are attempting to install. I seem to remember seeing some files greyed out if they were Rosetta (powerpc) executables on newer versions of OSX. I just can't remember if Rosetta stopped working in Lion or later.
Yes, Lion was the first OS X version, after Snow Leopard, that did not support Rosetta.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 601
Mar 10, 2011
so im trying to install a new printer on my moms older Mac mini with Loin and the driver i down loaded and i'm attempting to install from Cannon is "greyed out" and wont open along with all her down loaded files are grey. How do you fix these greyed out files?
Not sure if when you say you downloaded the printer driver you mean you downloaded before or after you upgraded to Lion. Have you tried going to the Canon website and checking that the version of the printer driver is compatible with Lion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.