Help installing a wirless Cannon MP620

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OrionsTrident, Jun 11, 2009.

1. OrionsTrident macrumors newbie

OrionsTrident

Okay so i got the free printer when i gotmy new MPB and i followed all of the directions and it is connected to my network and everything but whenever i try to print something the printer says that it is offline.... but i can go into it and wirelessly have it preform task like head cleaning and stuff but yet when i print it says error. I cant think of why it would be doing this any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. soccerb12ku macrumors member

I got this same printer and I have the exact same problem....someone please help us!

3. OrionsTrident thread starter macrumors newbie

OrionsTrident

yeh i have read through all the troubleshooting and i just cant figure out whats going on.

4. soccerb12ku macrumors member

I found out how to fix it!!!!!!!!!!

All you do is go into System Preferences<Print & Fax<Press the - button to delete your printer<Press the + button to add new printer<Click "More Printers" tab it should search and find your printer<Click on your printer

Then you should be good to go...you can press "Options and supplies to change your Printer Name and Location if you want (I did i didn't like the wierd name)

Let me know if this does/doesn't work

5. OrionsTrident thread starter macrumors newbie

OrionsTrident

thanks it worked out perfectly everything is up and running and i have put it on 2 other macs in my house already