Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZGINBOGA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
mcgarry said:
have you tried getting local help, like from someone else in your course?

noone knows anything about macs...There was only this person who is really good with mac, but he couldnt figure it out also... :(

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
AZGINBOGA said:
noone knows anything about macs...There was only this person who is really good with mac, but he couldnt figure it out also... :(

well, anyone familiar with BSD/Unix should be an even better help than the average Mac person. ... I'm no expert, but from what I can tell your problems are not Mac-specific.

You might also want to consider posting to a more web-dev-specific board; sorry, I don't frequent any myself.

AZGINBOGA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
mcgarry said:
well, anyone familiar with BSD/Unix should be an even better help than the average Mac person. ... I'm no expert, but from what I can tell your problems are not Mac-specific.

You might also want to consider posting to a more web-dev-specific board; sorry, I don't frequent any myself.

got any links?

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
AZGINBOGA said:
got any links?

sorry; like I said, I don't frequent any myself, so I'd just be doing the same web searches you would, and I wouldn't know which ones are better or what.

Others here should know better. But I still think local help might be your best option. I don't think your problems are Mac-dependent. Sit down with anyone familiar with BSD or whatever (a classmate?) at your Terminal window and they should feel right at home.

AZGINBOGA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
mcgarry said:
sorry; like I said, I don't frequent any myself, so I'd just be doing the same web searches you would, and I wouldn't know which ones are better or what.

Others here should know better. But I still think local help might be your best option. I don't think your problems are Mac-dependent. Sit down with anyone familiar with BSD or whatever (a classmate?) at your Terminal window and they should feel right at home.

Thanks for your time... :thumbup:

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
I hate to say it, but it prolly would've been easier if he had started from scratch with fink to set everything up...but oh well :)

Hope you get/got everything working ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.