Help installing Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Darknova, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Darknova macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is a way to get an installer file for Fallout 2 that would allow me to install from a copy that is written for windows? I know Blizzard released something like that for Diablo 2 and was wondering if, since Macplay doesn't sell fallout2 for MAC anymore I could find that type of file.. Thanks

Dark

2. evan g macrumors regular

i think you might just have to buy boot camp or parallels. i would think that if you could do that with any pc game then macsoft wouldn't have a job. but i could be wrong. i mean it would be awesome if you could play a windows game on a mac without installing windows at all.

i would google an installer just incase.

3. Darknova thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't mean that I wanted a way to play a game that can't be played on a mac, and I am sorry if it came out that way. I know that when I go to Blizzards website they offer a file that allows me to install an older copy of Diablo2, which isn't compatible with Mac, onto osx. This is only possible because they have written the code to install it for later versions. I also saw a file like this for Neverwinter Nights, which is coded for OSX by Macsoft. I wouldn't ask if anyone knew about this if Macsoft still sold Fallout 2, but since I can't buy it anymore I thought someone might have a copy or know where to find this file.

Dark

4. fblack macrumors 6502a

fblack