Help! (Installing full office after deleting trial)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rmred2304, Oct 24, 2009.

1. rmred2304 macrumors newbie

I loaded a trial version of MS Office 2007 for a college course. After the fact I remembered I purchased already a full version for my iMac. Once I removed the trial version from my Mac Pro and installed the full version, I continue to get a err message stated "this id doesn't support this version of enterprise". I removed and reinstalled the full version several times with no success. I need (I believe) to install the full Office 2007 for school projects. Or is their a good alternative to ensure all facilitators can view/open, and edit all of my submitted work.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you bought it then I would call MS to have them help activate it. If you didn't actually buy it and you want an alternative then iWork (not free) is good, you can save so others can open it or Open Office (free).

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can use iWork and save files in Word/Excel/PowerPoint format, that's what I do. They work flawlessly though some Keynotes 3D effects doesn't but you don't have to use them.

4. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

If you deleted it rather than using the uninstaller, then you probably need to reinstall the trial version and uninstall it correctly, then install the full version that you own.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.m...s=1&quid=aebf0a91-97e2-4f21-8dd4-cfd1f41408bb

5. teshiee macrumors newbie

Still no luck...

Yes I've tried doing this as I have the same problem, But I've already 'deleted' the old program and can no longer access it to remove it the correct way. What can I do?

Thanks.

6. DualShock macrumors 6502

Don't know if Office works the same way, but you can look in the 'Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences' folder to see if the old license key is there.

(Note: 'Macintosh HD' is whatever you named your hard drive. It's called 'Macintosh HD' by default when you first got your Mac.)

I've seen applications put their license key info there. Files are typically named com.manufacturer_name.app_name.plist.

Look for a com.microsoft.office.plist file, or something similar, and delete it.