Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ganstavoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Ohio / Cali
I am running Mac OSX 10.6.8, iTunes 10.5b43 (43), and have the new iOS 5 Beta 2 ipsw. I Option click on restore, select the ipsw, and get an error that says "The iPhone "Myname of my iphone" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3002)" any ideas how to fix this?

And yes, my UDID is registered.

iPhone 4 (AT&T) ...GSM

Another note: Currently have iOS 5.0 Beta (1) installed. That installed without any issues. I then downloaded the new version of iTunes, installed it, rebooted, downloaded the new ios5 ipsw, and option clicked on restore.. it extracts once it's done extracting I get that error message.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Apple's error 3002: "If you experience this error while updating an iPod touch (2nd generation) or iPhone 3G, please use the standard update or restore process in iTunes (click Update or Restore)."

Are you on an iPhone 3G/second-generation iPod touch?

Ganstavoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Ohio / Cali
VERY sorry for not saying in the original post.

I am using an iPhone 4 AT&T (GSM)

Another note: Currently have iOS 5.0 Beta (1) installed. That installed without any issues. I then downloaded the new version of iTunes, installed it, rebooted, downloaded the new ios5 ipsw, and option clicked on restore.. it extracts once it's done extracting I get that error message.

Last edited by a moderator:

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
VERY sorry for not saying in the original post.

I am using an iPhone 4 AT&T (GSM)

Downloads from:

Are you clicking, option+upgrade, or option+restore as this makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ganstavoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Ohio / Cali
WOW! Looks like i'm really that tired :( I was clicking upgrade. Clicked restore and it looks like it's installing now. I will post back with further update. Thanks so much.. Iv don'e this so many times on so many iphones, i couldn't figure out what was going on.. what i was doing different.. its the small things.. #needsleep

J Griz 757

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
WOW! Looks like i'm really that tired :( I was clicking upgrade. Clicked restore and it looks like it's installing now. I will post back with further update. Thanks so much.. Iv don'e this so many times on so many iphones, i couldn't figure out what was going on.. what i was doing different.. its the small things.. #needsleep

Haha I figured so, I was just doing the same damn thing :cool:

kam727

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
iso 5 beta 2 stuck in recovery mode

IPHONE 4 GSM IOS 5 TRY TO UPADATE / UDID is registered
CONTROL+RESTORE IOS 5 BETA 2
FIRST UNKNOWN ERROR TRY again and its restoring half way and stuck
try again stuck
now try to restore IOS 5 BETA 1 same issue
last option is reinstalling itunes 10.5 BETA
SEE WHAT HAPPEN I WILL LET U KNOW

Last edited:

kam727

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
unkown error ios 5 beta 2

finally its beta 2 successfully install
i thinks because of #127. gs.apple.com
reinstall itunes and you will be fine
good luck

brookshanes

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Midwest
I was stuck in no man's land

I was pulling out my hair... I installed all the updates.

iPad
UDID registered
Xcode updated beta
iTunes updated beta
iOS restore ipsw downloaded

But somewhere along the line I did not read (after several hours) that I had to hold down the OPTION button while I clicked Restore.

How did I miss that??? Wow. Big help, quick fix, but never knew it. I believe I probably just ignored it in the documentation or quickly skipped over it.

Apple documentation is robust and helpful but a bit too verbose as well.:D

THANK YOU ALL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.