Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FabienGuibert

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Alright first of all, Hello to you all, I've been reading this forum for a couple of month even though this is my first intervention and i need a tip. Alright my situation is the following:

I have:

-Macbook Pro Unibody
-Macbook C2D
-Snow leopard Disc x2
-Snow leopard image I cloned to a hard drive partition.

The situation is I have bought two licenses for Snow leopard because i have two macs. The macbook pro is the computer i use everyday and is fully functional. The macbook however took a big drop about a year ago and the display was totally broke along with the DVD and the hard drive. I retrieved an old HDD i had with leopard installed and put it in the macbook along with an external display and i now use this computer as a media center. The problem is i want to install snow leopard on it.

The DVD drive is broken hence the reason i made a disc image and i wanted to install from the disc image. SO i restart the macbook with the alt key and as expected, the image from the usb drive is detected and i launch the install. The problem comes from the fact that when the installation starts, the external display is set as secondary display and i cant control the installation which is displayed wont eh broken display.

Is there a way to remotely install SL or to set the external display as only display at boot through holding a bunch of keys?

Thank you and i hope i wasnt too confusing

Fabien

psxtreme

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
I think the best way to go about this would be to use target disk mode on your macbook pro to install snow leopard to the macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.