[HELP] Installing Win7 and Office 2007

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by beautifool, Mar 1, 2014.

1. beautifool, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

beautifool macrumors newbie

Hey all,

So, I have just received my late 2013 15" rMBP and I couldn't be happier. The next step for me though is to install win7 Ultimate and Office 2007 Ultimate on this beauty. I should also note that both the win7 and office are OEM versions.

Now, I know I can easily find the how-to-guide in creating bootable win7 .iso file. The problem is that I wanted to do so on my 2009 Macbook Pro with the genuine Windows disks that I bought off eBay. I also knew that I couldn't use the tool provided by Windows since the format of the program is .exe which I understand is only operable on a windows machine.

In terms of dual booting, I suppose I will go with the VMWare Fusion here. Then again, that's not much of an issue since I can just purchased it online. However, do I need to have my virtualisation software before I sorted out the Win7 and Office 2007 problems? Or I will be fine with just bootcamp at this point and later 'upgrade' it into the virtualisation program.

I am not much of a techie and have a very limited knowledge in this, so any help will be much appreciated here guys.

Thanks in advance.

-B

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

If all you are going to do is run Office, any of the virtualization programs available will be fine. Parallels and VMWare are paid while VirtualBox is free. This way, you don't need to worry about Boot Camp. Now if you wanted to play games, then Boot Camp would be the better option.

3. beautifool thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply, it is much appreciated.

Yep I am totally aware of that, however the main issue here is how do I go about installing Windows and Office from the disks into my USBs.

All I have at this point is the Windows and Office 2007 disks (OEM versions), Macbook Pro 2009 with Optical Drive and my 15" retina w/o the optical drive.

I haven't been able to find any tutorial on the net that specifically address such situation lol If anything, tutorials in how to create .iso bootable windows from a Windows PC is widely available and is pretty straightforward.

Any other comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

4. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

See here on how to create ISO from Windows disk in OS X.

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000