HELP! Installing Window 7 on MBP Through Bootcamp w/ ISO File

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yogidabear, Sep 24, 2011.

1. yogidabear macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help here. So i have the iso file of windows 7 on my MBP and it installed without any problems on VMware. Due to the fact that VMware can't have all the functions windows normally has, i decided to try to install windows 7 through bootcamp so i could run windows just like a pc would. I burned the iso image of windows 7 to a dvd disk and attempted to run bootcamp. When the computer restarted, it said "no bootable disk, please insert a bootable disk". ...so i have windows 7 on a disk, i just dont know how to make the disk bootable. Any suggestions? -Thanks!

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

3. yogidabear thread starter macrumors newbie

the iso is a downloaded file therefore i didnt personally burn it. i used disk utility to burn the iso to the disk though.

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Hold Option when you reboot, then select your DVD drive to run the Windows 7 installer you burned to DVD.
    BTW, did you verify that the DVD burned successfully?

5. yogidabear thread starter macrumors newbie

well in bootcamp it automatically changes the start up disk to the DVD. its not that the computer cant see the disk, its that the disk is not bootable. I need to find out how to make the disk bootable with Mac OSX. and yes i did verify it burned successfully

6. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

If you successfully burned the Windows 7 iso to the DVD, it should be bootable. Perhaps the DVD you burned is corrupted or is unverified/non-finalized. Is this a DVD-R or a DVD+R disc? I always find DVD-R discs to be not very reliable.

7. yogidabear thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a DVD+R. and i burned 2 disks, and both didnt work. i dont think its an issue of corruption or verification. I always let disk utility take the extra time to verify the DVD's.