Help! Installing windows 8 turned into disaster!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by greengrinch, Jan 13, 2013.

1. greengrinch, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

greengrinch macrumors newbie

I'm running out of options and I don't what to do. I installed windows 8 using bootcamp and everything worked fine. That's not the problem. A few days later I wanted to give more space to the window side and so I tried the repartition more space for bootcamp windows. But somewhere alongs the lines I closed disk utility because I thought it was taking too long. (might be where I messed up :))

So I deleted windows 8 for a fresh start. And now it won't even let me reinstall windows 8 via bootcamp. I only checked install windows box because I already the download drivers on the disk from my first install. Also the space that was partitioned for windows is not added back to the mac side. I tried to partition the extra space back to mac but it won't do it and it gives me a message saying: "Partition failed with the error. Coudn't modify partition map because file system verification failed."

I also tried to reinstall mac OSX Snow Leopard. And when I get to "select the disk where you want to install Mac OSX," it won't let me install on the Mac Hard Drive.

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15"

2. simsaladimbamba

Do a clean install of Mac OS X first, then try Boot Camp again, with the correct size this time. And next time you want to remove the Boot Camp / Windows partition, use Boot Camp Assistant and not Disk Utility.

To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides: