Help Installing Windows via Bootcamp!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by super spud, Jul 25, 2014.

1. super spud macrumors member

Good evening all.

I have he need to run windows on my recently purchased (used) mac mini 2010 which is intel powered. It is running OS X and all seems to be in order.

I have ran bootcamp assistant and downloaded the required drivers from the apple servers onto a usb flash drive. Windows 7 is the only version of windows my mac will support.

I also have a installation CD with windows 7.

I successfully partition my hard drive and boot up into windows.

Now things get tricky.

I go for the upgrade install option (not custom) and get to a point where the following message is displayed.
    "The computer started using the Windows installation disk. Remove the installation disc and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation disc and restart the upgrade. (do not select 'Custom (advanced)' to perform the upgrade. 'Custom (advanced)' installs a new copy of the windows and deleted your programmes and settings.

I have tried restarting removing the USB flashing drive and removing the disc. I could browse drivers to install but nothing is selectable.

Im in need of some help as i have very stuck and not the most Tech savvy!

I also do not know how to restart the machine while in the windows mode.

A message also came up to say no bootable drivers where detected and to insert and press any key to continue, however my keyboard stops responding at this point.

please HELP!!

2. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

You need to choose the Custom option if you are not upgrading an existing version of Windows.