Help installing WINE.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gustavoQ, Nov 14, 2010.

1. gustavoQ macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010

I am trying to install Wine through MacPorts, but it is giving me an error and I don't know what to do.

I followed this tutorial:

the error that appears is the following:

Error: Requested variants "+universal" do not match original selection "".
    Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean db46' or specify the force option (-f).
    Error: Failed to install db46
    Log for db46 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_databases_db46/main.log
    Error: The following dependencies were not installed: mesa xorg-libXfixes xorg-libX11 xorg-libxcb python26 db46 gdbm openssl sqlite3 xorg-libpthread-stubs xorg-xcb-proto xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-libXi xorg-libXext xorg-libXmu xorg-libXt xorg-libsm xorg-libice xorg-libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-renderproto xrender xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto xorg-libXxf86vm xorg-xf86vidmodeproto
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
    To report a bug, see <>

If anyone can help me I appreciate.
  2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Nov 9, 2009
    Long Island
  3. gustavoQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    I think so. In the Snow Leopard is not supposed to come included?

No way to verify this?
  4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    There's an easy way to verify X11's presence. Mosey on over to Applications -> Utilities and look for X11 in there.

Also, why are you installing Wine via MacPorts? If it's because you want a development build (1.3.x), fair enough. However, if 1.2.1 is all you need, get WineBottler instead. MUCH, much easier to install.
  5. gustavoQ thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm installing with macports, because i could't find the easy way. Thanks, i will try that.