Help! Invisible Songs on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by micvachon, Oct 20, 2011.

1. micvachon macrumors newbie

Ok going to try and make this quick and to the point.
    My boyfriend has all of his iTunes songs on his new iPhone 4S and he has noticed that several songs aren't showing but are actually on the phone. For example, you select an album that has 12 songs on the Mac, but only shows 4 songs on the iPhone... however if you type in the name of one of the songs missing on the phone, it shows it and can play it... but only if you search for it on the phone... you can't find it by artists or album or in alphabetical order. What's going on? Help??

2. micvachon thread starter macrumors newbie

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

One possibility is that artist & album information is not properly set. Try this on one of the affected albums:

Select all the songs on that album (in iTunes on the Mac), and press Apple-I to bring up the "Multiple Item Information" window. Make sure Artist and Album are filled out, and check the box next to those. Then click on [Sorting] and do the same with Sort Artist and Sort Album. Click [OK].

Then re-sync the phone, see if it fixed the issue for that album. If so, you can try just one of the fields on the next album and see if you can narrow down exactly what needs to be set/refreshed to fix the issue.

4. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

I had this exact problem. Unsync all of your media on your iPhone and resync. If that doesn't work, restore and resync.

5. micvachon thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I will try this!