Help! iOS 7 B4 upgrade gone wrong!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nathan67, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathan67 macrumors newbie

So, I was very keen to try out the new beta 4 on my iPhone 4S, and I'm going to be honest and say I've been a complete idiot.

I downloaded B4 for 4S from piratebay and did the whole shift + right click on update thing in iTunes (which was all up to date) and everything progressed fine until on the second loading bar of the install screen it just froze, I freaked out and disconnected my iPhone and did a hard reset, now it's just back at the loading progress bar sitting on nothing.

I don't have a developers account or anything, and I think I'm pretty screwed.

Sorry if this isn't the forum for this kind of thing, I just need some help!

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

2. emckai macrumors regular

^ Just put the phone in DFU mode, downgrade to iOS 6 (Not really necessary) and put iOS 7 Beta 4 on your phone. You're fine. Somewhat.

3. nathan67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll give that a shot, will it still work even if I can't 'turn off the device?' if I hold down the power button it just stays on the frozen install bar screen.

4. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Hold down power and home

5. emckai macrumors regular

To get into DFU mode hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds and then release the power button while holding down the home button until iTunes detects your device in DFU mode. There are a lot of YouTube videos out there explaining how to get into DFU mode.

Good luck!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Asking for help with pirated software is not permitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.