HELP!!!! iPad 1 - Safari & Email Crashing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tobster3, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Tobster3, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

Tobster3 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me.

Since this morning, Safari and E-Mail on my iPad 1 (V. 4.3) will open for a second then close automatically. I have tried to open them many many times and the same happens every time. :(

All other Apps were originally ok, but now some others are doing the same too. (since restoring)

Here is what I have done so far to try and resolve the problem:-

1) Deleted History & Cookies.
    2) Powered off numerous times and left off for a while.
    3) Restored the iPad and reinstalled a back up. (See note below)
    4) Removed the Apps that I installed over the last few days
    5) Soft Reset (Pressing Home & Power button at same time)

Unfortunately, I did a back up this morning so can only restore my iPad to the backup of this morning which seems to have have the same problems as the restore/backup seems to have made things worse.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? I thought possibly restoring to an earlier iPad back up but was unsure how to do that as I only have the option of restoring to this mornings back up.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

2. Etrain macrumors 6502

Etrain

Something similar was happening to me. Just that instead of closing, this bug would auto open and randomly type. I called Apple and they offered a replacement as it is a hardware problem, not software. Seeing as you also restored, they will probably say the same thing. Hopefully you can get a replacement.