Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drsea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2013
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and hope to get some help from you experts. I have filled up my ipad2 with an interview and can now not get the movie off it. Not enough space to upload it to dropbox (even when I deleted everything I possibly could without losing data), the film is too big for YouTube and when I plug it into my MacBook (10.3.8) it says an error message in iPhoto even though it sees the video and it plays fine on the iPad. iPhoto had no problem downloading the photos from the same session. I have tried quitting image capture in the library or uploading directly via image capture but no joy.

I need to get the interview off my ipad ASAP (without losing it of course) and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Sea :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Do you have access to a Windows computer? If you connect your iPad to a Windows computer, it shows up as a camera device, and you can drill into the iPad's camera folders through Windows Explorer and copy off the video file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.