Help! Ipad 3 freezes when plugging in apple headphones!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by L1mera1n, Oct 29, 2012.

1. L1mera1n macrumors newbie

My iPad 3 on iOS 5.1.1 freezes every time I plug in my apple headphones and try to use them. Listening to music or starting video, nothing happens and the Pad freezes. It "revives" back to normal when I unplug them from the Jack. Very frustrating!

I dont believe this has been a problem all the time I have had the iPad. At least I think I remember that I have used them without an issue before. I have tried two separate apple headphones. Freezes with both.

Anybody heard about this issue before?

2. L1mera1n thread starter macrumors newbie

Found solution!

Somehow I can´t use the standard issue Apple Headphones w/volume adjuster. Only simple headphones without. Or else my iPad will freeze. Tried the apple one without the adjuster and a logitech headphone. Both worked flawless. Strange....

To all you out there with the same issue:)

3. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Sounds like it's an issue with the earbuds themselves, try plugging them into another Apple product and watch iTunes react. One of the buttons on the remote might be damaged and constantly sending signal.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Compare the number of insulators on both plug-in. If different, that is the problem.