Help: IPad 4 Screen crashed "Digitizer Replacement"

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by passantnagy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. passantnagy macrumors newbie

I am in Egypt, My IPAD 4 screen have been cracked after 19 days :( the Glass only have been cracked "Digitizer only - Touch Screen" and I want to replace it, but it is not available on our stores "in Egypt".

So I want to know

1- Where Can buy original Digitizer for the IPad 4?
    2- Can I replace it with the screen of IPad 3 or not?

would you please help me.

2. Apple Techs macrumors member

The ipad 3 digi will fit the ipad 4 my experience it is a little easier to pull ipad 4 screens since the adhesive hasn't set over a long period of time.

Would can get them on eBay pay like $36 and get a razor blade or order the isesamo (my number 1 tool in the shop)

Watch out for the wifi cable and the home button has a godd*#n ribbon cable attached that is adhered to the glass :mad: which just makes it that much harder

Pm if you need help worst case I could dhl one from phoenix az to you

Attached Files:

3. passantnagy thread starter macrumors newbie

1st of all thanks a lot for your reply.

2nd what you have said
    1- i can replace the ipad 4 digitizer with the ipad 3 digitizer , ok does this will affect the performance, resolution ......?
    2- about suggesting to buy the ipad kit, i don't think taht i will be able to change it, i willmreplace it on our authorized reseller
    3- if you will help me to get one from phoenix az, can we buy an original on for ipad 4 and dhl it?

Waitingnyour reply
    Again thanks a lot

4. Apple Techs macrumors member

There is absolutely no difference between the two I could sell you an ipad 4 digi but the only difference is what I call it I could definitely help get you one pm me and we can work it out