HELP... iPhone 2.0 update semi-bricked my phone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DjClay, Jul 11, 2008.

1. DjClay macrumors newbie

2. ginguar macrumors regular

I'm just off the phone to apple, they know about it

I got the same thing, don't worry they are working on it.

I got told to leave it for an hour or so and then force the phone into a restore.

They didn't know 2.0 was out till i called, they hear about things at the same time as us.

3. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

mines doing the same thing right now !!!!!

still waiting... i dident unplug it yet or anything .. i was hoping it would push through it

4. SCMaverick macrumors member

I'm in the same situation as you. Hopefully they'll get this fixed FAST!

5. amarcus macrumors 6502

6. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

thanks...

did they say if we can unplug the phone safely in this state or should we leave it plugged in and sitting as it is for now ?

7. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Can you please tell me how to force the phone into a restore? I don't want to mess mine up even more.

8. lambo macrumors regular

Wow... Same thing here, too.

Kind of a relief I'm not the only one.

9. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Yeah, reading here keeps me sane. Thanks to those who called & posted what they were told.

10. ginguar macrumors regular

They got me to unplug the phone when I called them so I assume it's fine

11. whawhat macrumors 6502

mine did the same as well - it finally located the itunes store after leaving it plugged in for like 15-20 minutes - i am sure the itunes store is being worked over right now so be patient and leave it plugged in.....good luck

12. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

THANK YOU !!!

much relief to hear....

whawhat... thanks as well

update...i unplugged, hitting eject first, and then plugged it back in and it immediatly went back to the accessing itunes store screen it was at before i unplugged it...

13. ginguar macrumors regular

First they got me to reboot my machine (pc/Mac)

then I had to turn the iphone off (hold down home and sleep till the turn of slider comes up and then slide it.

Then hold down home button and keep it held down when plugging the iphoe back into pc/mac, keep button held down till itunes recognises the phone.

it will then let you restore.

By the end of my call they were very aware of an issue and seemed to think there was an issue with itunes somehow, don't know what but as I said previously she suggested just leaving it for a bit and trying again later.

Yup thats what mine was doing.

14. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Copied & printed out. Thanks!

It kept trying to connect on its own, or you had to force it to keep trying.

15. suzuki16 macrumors newbie

suzuki16

Attempted to upgrade my iPhone to 2.0 software this morning. Everything downloaded great. Now when trying to activate through itunes...

Same thing. On my PC I get a "We could not complete your itunes store request" error. On my Mac it just sits on the white iPhone screen. So now I can't use my iphone. :mad:

16. amarcus macrumors 6502

"We could not complete your itunes store request" - This messages is slowly eating away at my sanity :mad:

17. whawhat macrumors 6502

it kept trying to connect on its own - it finally said my phone was activated then restarted and now it is saying "Restoring iphone music and videos" and loading really slow. gonna be patient and see what happens after this but at least it's loading, etc.

18. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I'm in the same situation, and just got through... Keep the phone plugged in and keep waiting!

19. lightningboot macrumors newbie

<_<

I need my phone working within the next 3 hours...So stressed out right now.

20. DSG macrumors regular

Had exactly the same problem - just kept trying and eventually it worked. I reckon it's just a volume problem - would make sense that Apple are now controlling access to the update to smooth out demand. If the idiots had staggered the release around the world it would have made more sense rather than everyone waiting for the US.

21. iKnowDJZ macrumors newbie

Finally just got in, I kept clicking on a playlist and back to my iPhone.....Accessed iTunes store for a while and now "restoring"

22. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Same problem here. Time for fanboys to stop espousing the "it just works" line. That's not credible.

23. DSG macrumors regular

Didn't say 'it just works' - I said that *eventually* it worked, after trying for ages. I didn't do anything different - just sat at work clicking off, and back on, to the iPhone icon in iTunes repeatedly for about an hour. Pretty crap that it didn't work first time but at least it doesn't require a trip to the Apple Store or anything.

24. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Mine says iTunes can't make a secure connection...which is weird because the actual store works, just not the iPhone update.