HELP!!! iPhone 3G issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jbaesman, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jbaesman macrumors newbie

first, let me share background info: iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1, MacBook Pro running OSX 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.3

approximately 2 days ago, I first received an error message in iTunes when trying to sync -- "iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “<Insert Phone's Name>” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined."

I had downloaded a few apps and following instructions found around the web, I reset the phone and laptop several times and deleted all recent apps before resetting them both again... no luck...

last night, all apps would start to boot and then automatically close themselves... now, (I haven't tried anything to fix this issue) a small number of non-Apple native apps work but the majority still fail while trying to load...

today, the phone keypad doesn't work... I can dial from a contact, phone number in an e-mail or webpage; and, I can receive calls -- but I cannot manually dial a phone number...

I am relegating myself to this being Apple's less than subtle insistence that I upgrade to a 4S, but I would love to get a few more months use out of the phone until the 5 arrives...

all help is appreciated!

TIA

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced