Help - Iphone 3G stuck on restoring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drakonas, Aug 9, 2010.

1. drakonas macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 3G that was jailbroken on 4.0 and I wanted to restore the phone. I went through restore on Itunes and the green bar went all the way to the right, but on my Iphone it has the apple logo and the bar underneath but seems not get past about 75 percent of the bar.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c4854c92260679

going to leave it over night..hope it finishes, but really afraid on how to fix this

well I left it for 4 hours and it didn't move

I have now stopped the restore, it has just gone back into recovery mode. I have updated Itunes to 9.2.1 and deleted the items in the folder called Device Support.

The read thing is that in Itunes the green bar travels all the way to the left in about a minute and in the last few minutes the bar has gotten to the stage in the photo but doesn't go beyond that.

could it be something on the phone itself stopping it. The phone was jailbroekn with the boot screen change and the restore screen.
    Last edited by drakonas; Yesterday at 03:06 PM.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Put it in DFU mode and restore again (see my sig).

3. BrokeMyi macrumors newbie

it seems like your iPhone is having some sort of a software error. Like the Previous person said. Put it in DFU mode. His sig. Provides Great instructions :)

4. krisses25 macrumors newbie

same prob stuck in emergency call pls help!!!

I was given an iphone as a gift and dont really have knowledge about it! The thing is, I'm not sure if the phone was illegally or legally unlocked but it was workin with the sim here in saudi arabia until i tried to use itunes with it to update. Now the iphone just has a pic of the USB pointing to an itunes icon. When i unlock it, its says emergency calls only. i tried several videos from youtube to out from recovery mode but i fail.I would really appreciate a step by step instruction of what to do as i'm not used to the terms used! Cheers to whoever can help!!