HELP: iPhone 3Gs 5.0.1 jailbreak/unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mirrors, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Mirrors, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

Mirrors macrumors member

Okay so I've been messing with this all day. Used redsn0w to jailbreak and install cydia+ipad baseband then I installed ultrasn0w and it finally recognized my Sim card. Everything seems pretty chill except SMS doesn't work at all. If I send a normal SMS it just crashes but if I send a iMessage it just loads forever and if I go to my settings it tells me that iMessage is "waiting for activation..."

Does anyone know how to help me? I followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNo0DIUN0b8 , and I'm having issues. Currently reinstalling the iPad baseband through redsn0w to see if that fixes anything.

Also when I try to jailbreak with Install Cydia+Install iPad the fetching iPad files makes the program close so I installed them separately.

My phone is an old bootrom.
    EDIT: Jailbroke and installed the iPad thing+ultrasn0w but when ultrasn0w finished installing it gave me "could not activate cellular data network" and still everytime I try to text it crashes. can someone help?

2. jhillyer253 macrumors newbie

Ive got the same problem. did you ever figure out what was happening?or how to fix it>

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you'd bothered to read the forums, you would know that 5.x.x isn't compatible with the ipad bb. At least you didn't fry your phone.

4. ninjaw95 macrumors 6502

lol ^ hes right.
    also, dont keep reinstalling the iPad BB...