HELP!!! Iphone 3GS!! Can't even restore....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saiyukicloud, Jul 12, 2011.

1. saiyukicloud macrumors newbie

Hi people reading this. I got my iphone 3gs around 1 and 1/2 years ago and jailbreaked it. Firmware was 3.1.2 if im not wrong. That was when blackra1n came out and i got a tethered jailbreak. Since then i've been blackra1n'ing it all the time because i was lazy to update it, losing sms'es mxtube and stuff, until i found out there was backup for it.. =.=

Now the main problem is blackra1n stopped working for my iphone. It gets stuck on the recovery loop, i've mass blackra1n'ed it. Usually it will vibrate then voila, i can use it again. Now, after geohotz face is over, it reboots and goes on recovery mode.

So i've decided to might as well restore it, but it won't restore, i can get it on dfu mode, then 1600 error pops out. Then i've tried using tiny umbrella, start tss server to restore it. Then i get the 1604, stuck on preparing iphone for restore error.

So... any help? PLEase??

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Use either PwnageTool (mac) or sn0wbreeze (windows) to create a custom ipsw and update to 4.3.3

You'll preserve your baseband by creating the custom firmware, so you can unlock.

After that you'll be golden.

There are guides on iClarified on how to do this.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Create a custom 4.3.3 IPSW with one of the programs that Greek mentioned and then use one of those programs (or Redsn0w) to put the phone in pwned DFU mode and then shift + restore (option on mac) and it will open up a window. Select the custom IPSW you created. :)

4. saiyukicloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? Hmm pwnage dfu mode. Okay i'll give it a try, will post results soon. :)

5. saiyukicloud, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

saiyukicloud thread starter macrumors newbie

i can't restore. The iphone"iphone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build. :(
    from the pwnage tool custom firmware, it doesn't work.

Now i'm stuck in dfu mode. When i try to restore, error 1600 comes out.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Did you properly enter Pwned DFU mode?

7. saiyukicloud, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

saiyukicloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, but i couldn't restore to custom firmware. I tried official firmware but it also hangs. After it seems to be able to restore, it restores finish then it restarts in recovery mode.

8. quizzi macrumors regular

quizzi

You could also kick it out of recovery mode with RecBoot.

Try that and see how it goes. You can then jailbreak it with the programs aforementioned. ;)

9. saiyukicloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem is when i restore it, it does not reboot as a new phone, it goes into recovery mode again.

10. saiyukicloud thread starter macrumors newbie

And sometimes i'm able to restore my iphone. But then after some time, it will just shut down automatically which then i will have to on it again. This happens for a few times until the phone gets stuck in recovery mode and the cycle continues.

11. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

If the phone is stuck in recovery mode use this if u on windows pc
    http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/fixrecovery-win.zip#

Or this if u on mac

http://cache.firmwareumbrella.com/downloads/fixrecovery-osx.zip

Off to sleep now. Can't keep eyes open.. :-D