**HELP**iPhone 3GS Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GrizzlyMan022, Nov 2, 2010.

1. GrizzlyMan022 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I recently deleted a bunch of pictures off my phone by going to My Computer/iPhone Device/Internal Storage/DCIM and I selected all the pictures I wanted gone from my phone. I have already checked my phone and they are indeed deleted.

Now my question is, if I sync my phone back with iTunes will those pictures reappear on my phone? I had synced my phone with iTunes last week while they were on there inadvertently, and now I need to sync it again to get some new music on there.

Is there a way to navigate what is synced in iTunes before you actually "sync"?

Thanks for your time and help!

2. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

With iTunes open, click on iTunes and select preferences. Click on the devices tab and there should be a check box to prevent automatic syncing. Once your phone is connected you should then be able to select the photos tab and pick what photos you want before any syncing occurs

3. GrizzlyMan022 thread starter macrumors newbie

So, is there no way to delete the pictures that were synced from my iPhone to iTunes, that are actually stored in iTunes?

4. GrizzlyMan022 thread starter macrumors newbie

**question 2**

Is there a way to just sync ONLY MUSIC and my contacts?

5. The General macrumors 601

What exactly is it that you want help with? It seems like you're asking questions to solve some minor problem in a very convoluted way.

6. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

Are you asking to get them off your phone or computer?

And are you on a mac or pc? Because if you are on a mac i think the pictures are only stored in iPhoto and can be deleted from there. I'm not sure where they are on a pc.

If you are trying to get them off the phone you can just change which folders are synced to the phone via iTunes

7. The General macrumors 601

I mean, here, I'll just answer your questions directly.

No. Syncing your phone would have answered this question faster than any forum could have.

Yes. Plug the phone in. If it starts to sync, swipe to cancel the sync. Trying this would have been incredibly easy and you'd have figured out the answer by now.

There is a way. Delete your iTunes backups and create a new one. To create a new one, guess what? Sync your phone.

Yes. Plug your phone in and uncheck syncing for anything but music and contacts.