Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Does anybody know how I can fix my iPhone 3GS, it has been jailbroken with software 4.1.5 and it has the 6.15.00 baseband

Once I did this my phone had no service and now it's stuck in
Recovery mode and I have tried a few things with redsn0w to fix it but nothing

Can anybody please help me out Im ready to give up :confused:

leehughes

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
I'm in the same boat.. I've tried holding power etc for 10 secs and all that jazz no result..

I tried Tiny umbrella with no luck..

:(

BouncyBouncy

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
Does anybody know how I can fix my iPhone 3GS, it has been jailbroken with software 4.1.5 and it has the 6.15.00 baseband

Once I did this my phone had no service and now it's stuck in
Recovery mode and I have tried a few things with redsn0w to fix it but nothing

Can anybody please help me out Im ready to give up :confused:

http://cybernetnews.com/get-iphone-out-of-recovery-mode/

EDIT; sorry, just actually read that and turns out it s no longer available. sorry :(

djdipset91

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
i have the same problem except im on iPhone 3GS. firmware 4.2.1 on baseband 6.15.00. ive tried everything. used tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery, no fix. tried recboot to exit recovery, it just reboots back into recovery. redsnow isnt allowing me to get into DFU mode, saying an error occurred. i try to restore to custom firmware on itunes but it says the firmware is not compatible, yet i have tried 3 different ones. i tried pwnage, no fix. i cant even get into DFU mode, and i know im doing it right.

leehughes

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
same here after 5 hours trying everything I find on the net nothing seems to be working. Keeps going back to the itunes connect logo. So annoying

MustangLizzy

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
I found out how!!

I was working on a friends phone and was having the same issue you guys were. I followed the simple instructions on this blog site and was able to restore the phone.
http://iphoneindia.gyanin.com/2009/...ily-solve-the-iphone-stuck-on-apple-logo-bug/

I hope it works for you also.
Basicaly...
Plug your phone into your computer
Hold the Power and Home button for 10 seconds,
then when the screen goes black,
Let go of the Power button, KEEP HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON
iTunes will tell you that you are in a safe mode and ask if you want to restore the phone, HIT OK
This will restore it to factory settings
Then Restore from back-up and you are set

ENJOY

chazmanjr

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
I have been dealling with the same thing off and on for a few months. my phone will just turn black and has to be rebooted for no reason. Occasionally it will go into recovery mode. I have done all the restores and other third party programs to get it out. Today I accidently found the easiest way.

While my phone was in recovery mode I removed my sim card to put it in another phone. When I did this it automatically kicked out of recovery mode. Another occasion when this happened I had to turn off/on the phone after I removed the card to get it out of recovery mode.

This for me has been the easiest fix for dealing with the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.