HELP: iPhone 4 (error: 1600 & error: 21)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aug04i4, Dec 29, 2011.

1. aug04i4 macrumors newbie

My phone was originally jailbroken on 5.0.1, but being the idiot I am, I downgraded to 4.3.5 using the shsh blob cydia saved for me. After realizing that there is not an untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5 I attempted to downgrade to 4.3.3 using a lot of weird mumbo-jumbo steps: (switched my hosts file with some other hosts file, jailbroke my phone first with 4.3.3, then created a custom 4.3.3 using redsnow which I ultimately used to restore my phone in iTunes with, etc., etc.)

Now my problem is I want to restore back to 5.0.1. However every time I attempt to restore my phone (you know, plugging it in, and selecting "restore") I get the unknown error 1600, and sometimes the unknown error 21. Yes, I've tried putting my phone into pwned dfu mode, regular dfu mode, you name it. Nothing's working.

Can someone help me out, P L E A S E?

I am using a mac.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

make sure you change your hosts file & TU (on advance tab, uncheck the 2 boxes) so it points to Apple server since you are restoring your phone to current firmware Apple is signing now. It should go through.

3. anthcusack macrumors newbie

Having the same prob with error 21, can you pls make it clear on how to change the host file and stuff? where can i find it and how can i change it, thanks!

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

5. anthcusack macrumors newbie