HELP! - iPhone 4 | "Searching..." After Taken Apart

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DopeElite, Dec 23, 2013.

1. DopeElite macrumors newbie

DopeElite

Hey guys, I have my sister's iPhone 4 - Verizon (CDMA) that I have taken apart to replace screen, but screw to the right of Speaker/Antenna Module was warped. So, I super glued my screwdriver to the screw, still wouldn't come undone. So I put iPhone back together. Verizon Service was working, and now it is "Searching...". At one point in time it had "No Service" but that was it. I tried restarting phone, taking out antenna and putting it back in, reset Network Settings, reset All Settings, etc. Now the time and date is wrong, and I can't change it manually. I can't restore because one, WiFi is not able to turn on, and two I need to turn off "Find My iPhone" in iCloud, but need WiFi for that since it requires Apple ID password for it. I'm stressed over this and need help ASAP. If possible I can send pics of what it looks like as of right now. Thanks guys. I need it fixed ASAP!

- Josh Smith

2. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Might be best to cut your losses and see if Apple will offer you an OoW replacement. Then again if they see it's been tampered with or modified they may refuse.

4. DopeElite thread starter macrumors newbie

DopeElite

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Sounds like you damaged the antenna which is easy to do when you take apart an iPhone 4/4s.

If it just came detached or loose you can probably fix it. If the antenna detached as a result of a broken connection then you've likely turned your phone in to an iPod Touch.

Apple will not do an OoW replacement if the screen has been replaced.

I'd sell it for parts on eBay and then buy another phone. Depending on your contract, budget etc. You have numerous options.

6. DopeElite, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

DopeElite thread starter macrumors newbie

DopeElite

The phone got restored as well, started out at no service and a couple of minutes later. It's now Searching... again. I have not replaced screen due to warped screw at Antenna/Screw module. I couldn't see how I could of damaged the antenna cable, is it the one right beside Battery Connector? Thanks guys. Keep in mind, not even wifi works. Thanks again.

7. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

From what you explained to us, it seems that the antenna was damaged as a result of the screen replacement. Your next course of action would be to either purchase a new phone, or see if Apple will offer an out of warranty replacement (usually costs ~$200).

Sometimes this happens due to the delicate nature of these phones.