Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blizzardnorth

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Hello all.

So I decided to go ahead and restore my iphone 4 today because it's been running quite slowly lately... only to find that the darn thing stalls during the restore process. Is there anything I can do? Itunes recognizes that an iphone is in recovery mode and that it needs to be restored and updated, but it stalls about 6/10 the way through.

Is it time to take it to apple tomorrow am?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

jmo1116

macrumors regular
May 27, 2010
Alabama
Hello all.

So I decided to go ahead and restore my iphone 4 today because it's been running quite slowly lately... only to find that the darn thing stalls during the restore process. Is there anything I can do? Itunes recognizes that an iphone is in recovery mode and that it needs to be restored and updated, but it stalls about 6/10 the way through.

Is it time to take it to apple tomorrow am?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The same thing happened to my old iPhone 4 when I was on ATT. I was trying to restore it and it would get about halfway through and just freeze and give me an error message on iTunes. Pressed for time, I just unplugged the phone and turned it on and to my surprise it had been restored even though I didn't think it had been.

blizzardnorth

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Unplugged it... shows the icon to plug into the computer and sync with itunes...

Is there anything I can do?

jmo1116

macrumors regular
May 27, 2010
Alabama
Yeah, it kept doing that to me too. I tried to restore it again like 3 times. Didn't work so I held power and home button until it cut off then came back on...not sure what I did other than that...again, it's like it just fixed itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.