Help! iPhone 4 stuck on error 1611 after battery run down completely!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wants2tryMac, Aug 12, 2011.

1. wants2tryMac macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2009
    Hi guys,
    I have a factory-unlocked iPhone 4 which I jailbroke using Greenpo1son. All was well until recently when the phone's battery totally drained out. I then recharged it using the wall socket, but whenever it is up, it only shows the home screen with the "emergency call only" flashing in different languages :( I then tried to do a factory reset using iTunes (latest version ) but always get the "unknown error 1611". Sometimes i get the "unknown error 2001" also, but not as often as the 1611 error. Is the iphone bricked? Is there a way out? I currently stay in Budapest and to my knowledge there is no Apple store in the city :(
    Also, the phone is now stuck at Recovery Mode with the USB port pointing towards iTunes screen :(
    Please guys, i'm not so tech-savvy. Any useful solution will be highly appreciated. The iphone is on firmware 4.2.1 and i use a macbook pro.
    Thanks lots guys!
    Any little help will be appreciated.
    Hope to hear from someone soonest! :)
  2. wants2tryMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2009
  3. salfromtheval macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2011
    I am having the exact same issue!! Did you ever figure anything out? THANKS!!
  4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Dec 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Since you have factory unlocked phone. Put it into DFU mode and restore it with the latest firmware.
  5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

Mar 4, 2010