Help! iPhone 4 stuck on error 1611 after battery run down completely!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wants2tryMac, Aug 12, 2011.

1. wants2tryMac macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I have a factory-unlocked iPhone 4 which I jailbroke using Greenpo1son. All was well until recently when the phone's battery totally drained out. I then recharged it using the wall socket, but whenever it is up, it only shows the home screen with the "emergency call only" flashing in different languages :( I then tried to do a factory reset using iTunes (latest version ) but always get the "unknown error 1611". Sometimes i get the "unknown error 2001" also, but not as often as the 1611 error. Is the iphone bricked? Is there a way out? I currently stay in Budapest and to my knowledge there is no Apple store in the city :(
    Also, the phone is now stuck at Recovery Mode with the USB port pointing towards iTunes screen :(
    Please guys, i'm not so tech-savvy. Any useful solution will be highly appreciated. The iphone is on firmware 4.2.1 and i use a macbook pro.
    Thanks lots guys!
    Any little help will be appreciated.
    Hope to hear from someone soonest! :)

2. wants2tryMac thread starter macrumors newbie

3. salfromtheval macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same issue!! Did you ever figure anything out? THANKS!!

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Since you have factory unlocked phone. Put it into DFU mode and restore it with the latest firmware.

5. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser